Six Flags Over Texas to Host New "Hallowfest" Event for 2020 Halloween Season
August 18, 2020 By Chelsea T.
Photo by: Jeremy Thompson via Flickr
Due to COVID-19, Six Flags Over Texas has introduced an all new Halloween event for the 2020 season. Hallowfest will take place at the park instead of the usual Fright Fest event and will begin on Saturday, September 26th. The event will run until Sunday, November 1st and will feature reimagined scares, all while the park takes proper precautions to assure the safety of their guests.
During the day, visitors can enjoy family friendly fun, including spooky photo opportunities, Halloween shows, themed attractions, and the popular Trick-or-Treat Trail. When the sun goes down, the park will be transformed into a horrifying atmosphere for all, complete with creepy creatures of all kinds.
To avoid overcrowding, all park visitors will be required to make reservations ahead of time. Along with this, the park will be taking the following steps:
- All team members (including scareactors) and guests 3 years and up will be required to wear masks covering the nose and mouth while in the parks.
- No indoor mazes, haunted houses, or indoor shows will be operated; some haunted trails and scare zones will be operated outdoors with social distancing strictly enforced.
- A limited number of nighttime scareactors will always remain at least six feet away from guests and each other.
- Guests viewing outdoor entertainment will be separated by at least six feet.
- Props, rides, restraints, handrails, and dining and restroom facilities will be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Multiple hand-washing and alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the parks for guest and team member usage.
Click here for more details on Hallowfest at Six Flags Over Texas!